Wednesday, March 30, 2022

'Alice' by Emma Zappone - VIDEO TUTORIAL

 Hello everyone.
Emma with you on the blog today with a 12x12 Layout and Video.
Here is what I'm sharing with you today....



And the beautiful chipboard used.....

Fine Floral Corner
Lorena Corner
Mini Decorative Frame set 6



The image I used today really inspired the whole story behind this project. It is by an amazing artist named Femke Muntz and they are just the best melancholy artworks.
The girl in the painting had an emotion I could match and feel. But yet a softness and vulnerability.
So I wanted chipboard to match the softness and yet fill the page with hope.



The chipboard all had a similar finish to them, but also an individuality.
The Lorena corner was painted with a liquid acrylic paint, then stamped with black ink and a script stamp and then had a clear glaze over the top to add super shine.



The beautiful delicate mini frame had the same finish as the corner piece except instead of a clear glaze I added a emboss glaze in a tattered rose colour, which deepened the colour and mage it a beautiful feature to the page.



Finally this stunning Fine floral corner was cut into 2 pieces and had a denim blue acrylic painted over it. No stamping was done on these, but a double quote of clear glaze was applied that added life to the florals of the piece.



I love that I have become a story teller in my scrapbook art. And I do this by using small quotes to create the story of the page. This one is - 'Alice, She merely went on with her life, to the best of her ability where only the imagination can go.' 



I think you will see more of this style artwork included in my projects. 
I hope you enjoy the process video too.



Have a great week everyone, and I will see you soon.

Em xx