Friday, October 29, 2021

Sanctuary - By Emma Zappone

 Hi 2crafty friends.
Today I share a nature inspired layout.



And these are the amazing chippy pieces used...

Barb Wire
Amelias Frames
Mini Travel words 1




I love how this page took form. Not my usual style to start off with, using modelling paste adding colour..etc....but rather using a stencil and adding oxide ink through it on a white cardstock base.




This gave a great earthy feel which was exactly what I was after. Then I added some rub ons and some stamping. This was the base complete. Within my composition I added the amazing chipboard pieces. 



Wanting to keep the warm earthy tones I was going to keep the chippy raw, I decided against it and added a light tint from some oxides instead.



The mini word I chose for this project is Sanctuary.
It really spoke to me and suited the image I chose.
We all need to go back to nature and breathe the fresh air.



And the last piece of chippy added was the barb wire. I chose this chipboard as a focus on what mankind has done to slowly ruin our forests and our nature. Slowly though, I believe this earth will grow back to the beauty it always was.

I hope that you have been inspired today and I look forward to seeing you next month.

Stay crafty, Em xx