Monday, August 30, 2021

XOXO by Emma Zappone with Bonus VIDEO

 Hello everyone!

Emma with you today and today I'm sharing a layout that has a relaxed spring vibe to it.
This page features an upcycled paper that was wrapped around a bunch of flowers I purchased recently. Here is my project that will hopefully inspire you a little, plus a video to share how this all came about.



And here are the chipboards featured in this page:

Crazy Stitched Panel
Lattice-leaf set
Steampunk Gears medium
Hinges pack



Firstly I tore the flower wrapping paper in a strip to use in the middle of my white cardstock. This is where the base of my inspo came from. Then I stencilled in a few spots and painted some white Gesso with my finger to blend the paper into the background cardstock. 



Lets talk about the treatment of the chipboard. The Stitched panel once trimmed down for me to use, started with a coat of acrylic paint in a Prussian blue. Next I dotted it with some emboss ink and using a Turquoise powder  and embossed this lovely piece of chippy. 



The Lattice leaf I kept simple. I applied the same blue I used on the panel and then with a powder blue acyclic, blended the colours together to create a more grey blue colour which was a great compliment to the image I used.


For the Gears, these were painted with an acrylic brown and then 2 waxes were applied to give them the richness in colour and again match in with the image. And finally the Hinges, these were again  painted in the Prussian blue. Then with a napkin and some gel medium, I altered the hinges. I love this effect and love the vintage feel that it offers. I also rubbed a little wax over them once dry.



This page has plenty of layers and embellishments to compliment the chipboard and tie all the elements together. You can see how all this comes together here in my video. I hope you enjoy it.



Thanks for joining me today. I will see you all again very soon.
Em xx