Saturday, September 30, 2023

'Don't be Defined' by Emma Zappone

Hello 2Crafty friends.
Emma here with you today, with a small 8x8 layout. It is a little busier than some of my previous layouts, but I love the texture this page has delivered.



The image I had chosen for this project, had lots of fabric flowers and colour. I wanted to enhance these by the use of the chipboard and fabric elements from my stash.
But lets check out the chipboard elements first....

Charlotte Flowers
6" Mandala No. 5
Fine Floral Corner Set





All the chippy for this project were painted with acrylic paint. Different colours to compliment the image and the concept of the page.



The Mandala is painted with a stunning purple to showcase some of those hues from the image.



The Fine Florals have been cut into 3 pieces and painted in a pink to start with. 



Then once they were all in place, I added some white gesso, just lightly to add a little interest to the design.


The final chippy used were the Charlotte flowers, these are tucked in amongst the flower clusters.
Again these were painted with an acrylic, in a beautiful yellow to set off against the blues and purples.



I hope this page inspires a little today.

I will catch you all again soon,
Em xx