Tuesday, July 30, 2024

A Moment Captured - Laura Gilhuly

 Hi everyone!
I have 2 sons and a husband so I create a lot of masculine layouts to celebrate their relationships!
This is my hubby and our youngest working on the Ty's truck. 
 They are always tinkering or working on things together.


2Crafty products used:


A Moment Captured

Steampunk Gears Medium

Circle Stack

Mini Checkerboard bits

Mini Sampler



After covering the paper with clear gesso I applied texture paste with a stencil then used orange brusho powder, Parisian Rosewood artisan powder and Winter Frost distress stain mist to color the paper. 




I applied the same stencil/paste to the die cut circles.  I wanted the chipboard to reflect the grungy feel I was trying to accomplish.   I covered all the chipboard pieces with white gesso then I took the orange brusho powder and the rosewood powder and sprinkled the powders on my craft mat, spritzed with water then painted the pieces.  I added some more powders directly on the pieces then more water to add more vibrancy.



After I dried all the pieces I inked the edges with brown ink



For the title I covered in white gesso then sprayed with the Winter Frost distress stain heat set then applied it a few more times in spots to achieve the look I wanted.


Thanks for stopping by