Thursday, June 20, 2024

Day At The Beach - Laura Gilhuly - Tutorial

 Hi everyone!
I'm back today to share my newest layout for 2Crafty and a small tutorial on how I
 created this layout and altered the fabulous chipboard!


2Crafty Products used


Seashells Set 2

Day At The Beach

Seaweed Set 1


Part of my creative process is to gather all the products I may need even if I don't use them all



I used 

2Craftys seashells

2Crafty day at the beach title

2Crafty Seaweed set

1-12" sheet of paper

3 - 6" squares

4 - tags

1 - 5" circle and 3" circle - cut the 3" circle in half

1 - die cut banner

3 - 12" paper strips cut from the end of papers or 1/4" cut in half

a few fussy cut flowers/branches/leaves

stencil

modeling paste

clear gesso

edge distresser or scissors

heat gun

sand paper  (I used 100 grit)


Step 1 - paint all your 2Crafty chipboard with coordinating colors to your paper. Allow to dry or heat set. I used white, blue, and brown.  I had to mix paints together to get my desired colors.


Step 2 - Paint all the 2Crafty chipboard a second color - not the same as your bottom coat



Step 3 - using your sandpaper, sand some of the top coat of paint off so the bottom layer and some of the chipboard shows through.  It will look something like this;



Step 4 - Cover your background paper with clear gesso

Step 5 -apply your stencil using modeling paste in various spots on your paper and heat set



Step 6 - Use your edge distresser on all papers

Step 7 - Layer your tags, then your 3 sheets of 6" paper and circle and your photo



Step 8 - Cut your paper strips to desired lengths and apply to top and bottom of your project along with cut circle, images and a seashell



Step 9 - add your banner and create your cluster using your 2 crafty chipboard on the right side of your photo


Step 10 - Add a couple of die cuts/fussy cut images then your title and your seashells




Hope I have inspired you to create!