Wednesday, June 19, 2024

today is PERFECT ~ by Robin Schelin

 Hi everyone, hope you all are doing well.

  With summer right around the corner, I thought I would share a layout filled with a summer vibe. This is my granddaughter from a few years back when she snuck into the neighbors garden to smell their daisies. Made for some good pictures that day!  

"today is PERFECT"




Chipboard used: 

Mixed Fine Border Set
Film Strips - Small
today is PERFECT

As Always, I used gesso first on all the chippies.


I placed one of the borders from the Mixed Fine Border Set running the length of the right side of the photo creating length to the composition. I painted it with Viva Light Moss Green Paper Soft Color. 

Under the photo stack, I cut one of the Film Strips - Small and tucked it in under the photo stack. I painted it with Prima Shimmering Lights Water Color - Antique.


The title, today is PERFECT, was painted with White Acrylic Paint. I wanted it to be subtle and not overpower the feel of the layout with a bright color.

Here, also, is the other part of the cut Film Strips - Small. I wanted to create balance with the top so I extended it here under the title.

Lastly, you can see the border running down the length, also to create balance.


I didn't use a lot of chipboard on this layout because I didn't feel it needed a lot. Only a few pieces to add texture and interest. Hope you like it and are inspired to use your chipboard to add subtle details to your projects.

Until next time, xx