Saturday, July 30, 2022

Maggie Mae - by Emma Zappone

Hi everyone, Emma with you all today.
I haven't shared for a little while so I am excited to get back creating and sharing with you again.
So for today's share I created something a little grungy with plenty of awesome chipboard that is all featured on an A4 layout.




 Here is the chipboard used.....

Corner Steampunk Set 6 
Industrial Light Bulbs
Steampunk Gears small



I have cut and layered the chipboard for this project to suit the layers under my image.
This helps extend the chipboard and saves wasting anything that you can not see.



The chipboard has all been primed with black Gesso and then a variety of waxes used to create depth and interest on each piece. The Steampunk corner piece has been left dark so the other pieces can be a nice contrast when placed on top.



I also like to only adhere a section of my chipboard so that there is movement within the page. For example the Light Bulb ends are not glued so they raise naturally off the page, again this helps with visual dimension and stops that 'flat' look.



I do love how the small steampunk gears look layered over the corner and bulbs, especially with that copper wax to make them pop.

I hope this page has inspired you to get a little grungy and have fun creating something different.

Catch you all again soon, Em xx