Thursday, September 30, 2021

'Beauty' by Emma Zappone

Hello! Hope you all are doing ok.
Todays share is a colour combo that is a personal fave of mine.
And it features a technique that makes for an easy scrapbook page.


Here are the chipboard pieces featured......

Leafy Shrub Set2
Chunky Hearts
Crazy Circles




The background of this page is using the simple technique of smooshing oxide inks with a piece of acetate on to the white cardstock. 
And because I liked the simplicity of this page I kept the chipboard simple also with the finishes.



I primed all the chipboard pieces with white Gesso to start with. The Leafy Shrub pieces I dabbed a little Oxide Ink straight over the top of the white gesso once it was dry. The colour of the oxide really pops when over the Gesso. I also loved how your could still see the contrast of the white in sections of the chipboard.



The big Crazy Circles panel was also primed with white Gesso and then, with an old tattered brush added white crackle paste. I use an old brush for this because it adds the crackle thickly and thinly to the board without the hassle of purposely doing it. 




Then once the crackle was dry, colour was applied. I used 3 different ink sprays and a liquid acrylic to add depth to the crackle texture. Once happy with the level of colour I added just a hint of wax over some of the heavily cracked areas.
The Chunky heart on the picture has the same technique applied to it.

I hope this page has inspired you a little today.
I look forward to seeing you all again real soon.

Take care, Em xx