Wednesday, September 29, 2021

"It's a Dog's Life"
By Charmane Sharp

 Hello fellow crafters,
today's layout was created around the awesome
2Crafty Window Shutters that I wanted to use.

I love how they transformed into a set of worn wood
Shutters with an ornate look by adding a frame to the
top and bottom of the window.

This moment was captured when I entered my bedroom
a few days after adopting Kaylee. She looked so happy
lying on my bed I instantly snapped these pictures.





2Crafty chipboard used...

Title- It's a Dog's Life
Window Shutter set 2
Frame Vintage Oval
Corner Thick Vine




The Title was coated with Finnabair wax. Easy way to add colour to
your chipboard for a lovely finish.




After a coat of Gesso on the Shutters and Frame I used a spatula and applied 
some of Tim Holtz paste for texture. Once dry I painted them all with a 
coat of light Coral. After drying I brushed on Stamperia Antiquing Paste
all over and wiped off with a baby wipe so the brown sits in all the texture
and  ages the finish. then cut the Frame in half and glued to the top and
 bottom of the Window.




I sponged the Gesso on to the Vine for texture and then sponged on some
Coral paint and Light Mint over the top randomly for a two toned look.
I cut the main piece off and placed it under my main floral cluster. The 
other piece went in the opposite cluster to hang over the Shutter.




Please have a go at transforming your own Window Shutters.
They really are awesome 2crafty chipboard pieces to create with.

Until next time...

Charmane x