Sunday, June 7, 2020

Your Story Matters - Emma Zappone


Hello Friends,
For today's share I have created a canvas.  
I used some absolutely glorious chipboard elements on this piece.


 Here are the chipboard pieces used:

Foliage Set 7
Lace Doily Frame
6" Floral Cluster Border


As you know I like to keep the chipboard finishes fairly simple.
For these ones I did add a few finishes on them, but still simple.


For the Doily frame I inked it first with a distress oxide and then embossed with a gold powder. Not perfectly as I still wanted to see pockets of the matte colour coming through off the oxide ink.


I did this for the Floral border and the foliage pieces also.
Then with a copper wax I lightly rubbed over sections of the chipboard to add a slight 'highlight' on them. Simple but effective.


Once my composition was complete, with a dry brush and some white Gesso I lightly brushed over them to add a soft wash look.


Lastly I flicked black, gold and white liquid acrylic over the whole project and I love how it sits on the chipboard.

I loved using these chipboard pieces for this project and love the completed project also.

Hope it has inspired you just a little bit?

Enjoy your day and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Emma xx