Friday, December 6, 2019

'Pure Joy'
by Tammy Klingner

Hello creative souls!

Tammy here today, and as it's now officially December, it's time to share my first festive layout.




A soft layout that tells a story about the pure joy of giving.




Last year on Christmas Day we gave up a few hours of our time to prepare a feast, wrap gifts and decorate a hall for those in our area who are less fortunate than us and who were spending Christmas alone.
All of the gifts and food were donated, and it was such a lovely way to start our day, and definitely a feeling that not only stayed with us throughout the day, but throughout the year.




I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard:
"Pure Joy" title
"ATC Tiny Hearts and Stars"
"Mini Houses"
"Winter Twig Branches"
NEW "Mixed Fine Border Set"




I used the "Mini Houses" to go with the theme of 'Community' and 'it takes a village'.
I covered them with white gesso and then added some watercolour paints in grey, pink and aqua, to go with my colour pallette.
I then added some outlines with a pen for a cute whimsical feel.




I added in all different types of trees, and the "Winter Twig Branches" fitted in perfectly.
I painted these white and then added some fine clear glitter......I wasn't perfect with this, I wanted the glitter to be a bit random - a bit like sparkly lights in the trees.




Along the bottom of my cluster I added one of the borders from the
 NEW "Mixed Fine Border Set".
I love the delicateness of this and the leaf theme just worked perfectly.
I simply added a few coats of white gesso.




For my title, I painted the "Pure Joy" in a few coats of white gesso, and then added clear fine glitter.  
This again gives that 'light' feel, and also reminds me of snow.




Finally, I painted a few of the "Mini Stars" in white gesso, and added some watercolour, and sprinkled these through the layout.




That's it from me today.....
I love that I can use chipboard to help tell my story.
I think there's a 2Crafty Chipboard for everything!

I hope this layout reminds you of the real meaning of Christmas....giving - and not just presents but yourself.