Saturday, October 21, 2017

October Inspiration by Debbie Burns

Hi everyone, Debbie here with you today to share my October projects. 

"Beauty"

I love this time of the year.  Usually the temps are on the cool side and the leaves are changing colors,  but so far we've had an unseasonably warm Autumn.  Thoughts of Autumn past spun around in my head and lead to me create this layout featuring a picture of my grandmother.  I was also inspired by the October Challenge at Words &  Paintery.  I added several colors of distress stain to my background paper along with some stamping, micro beads and glass glitter.




I love the detailed Marianne's Butterfly.  I embossed it with some Nutmeg 
embossing powder and added paprika, twig  and gold micro beads.



Lots of warms Autumn colors.  The Corner Vine Leaves embossed with Sage embossing powder,
  the Large Leafy Vine embossed dark brown and beneath them I used the Corner Lorena, embossed with an antique teal powder.  



Tucked under my photo I used the Large Leafy Vine, Corner Vine Leaves and
Mini Flourish Bits, and my title is from the Mini Word Set 1.


2Crafty Chipboard used:


Corner Lorena
Corner Vine Leaves
Mini Flourish Bits
Marianne's Butterflies
Mini Word Set 1
Large Leafy Vine



My next layout features my friend's beautiful daughter.

"Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful"

Soft colors adorn this layout from the background paper with added distress stains,
stamping and paint splatters, with detailed chipboard that encircle the photo along
with flowers edged in gold glitter.


The Celebration Swirls and 6" Circle Dot Frame were embossed teal.  The Decorative Disc Set 1
 and Foliage Set 3 embossed gold.  Gold microbeads were added to the Celebrations Swirls.


Here you can see more of the Foliage Set 3 and Celebration Swirls.



In keeping with the color scheme, I embossed the title an antique teal.

2Crafty Chipboard Used:


6' Circle Dot Frame
Foliage Set 3
Decorative Disc Set 1
Celebrations Swirls
Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful


I hope I've inspired you today.
See you next month!
 . . . Debbie