Thursday, May 11, 2017

Tammy's May Shares

Good morning 2 Crafties!!
 
Today I'm sharing a couple of layouts with you.
 
The first one is titled:
 

"Love"

 

This one is about documenting a guest book I created for a very special wedding we attended. 
I was absolutely thrilled to be asked to create it and really wanted to have a memory of this.


 
I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard:
"Polaroid Assortment Frames"
"Frame Viney Circles"
"Lace Heart Frames"
"Love Loopy Font Title"
"Grid Bits"
"ATC Tiny Hearts & Stars"
"Flower Doilies"






I applied white gesso to the "Grid Bits", a "Viney Circle Frame" and to the 
"Love Loopy Title".  I then added white paint. 

 I decided to keep them plain white as a contrast to the dark background paper.
 
 
 
I tucked a few "Polaroid Assorted Frames" into my clusters - these I heat embossed 
with a gorgeous shabby chic metallic emboss powder.
 
 
 
I also tucked in a few of the gorgeous "Flower Doilies". 
I applied white gesso to these and then added a gold spritz to give them a slight colour/glow.
 
 
 
I added a "Lace Heart Frame" and decided to leave this plain - as the raw colour really complemented the layout and also I had added a lot of white chipboard to that particular area,
 so it contrasted with those pieces nicely.
 

 
Finally to bring out the touch of red in the layout, I painted a few little hearts from the  
"ATC Tiny Hearts & Stars" in a red colour and scattered these around the layout.
 
 
 
 
I did a lot of layering and clustering in this layout, and unlike my usual style of bright, 
full-on colour,  I was very controlled and added just a splash of colour here and there.

 
 

My next share for this month for 2Crafty is titled:

"Adore"




A page about the mutual love and adoration between my son and our pet kitty. (So Cute!)
 
 

I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard:

"Fine Word Set 1"
"6" Revolution Frame"
"Polaroid Assorted Frames"
"Circle Frames"
"Mini Sampler Set 1"
"Triangle Set"
"Chain Lengths"




This page is more to my usual style - bold colour!
I couldn't stay away from it for too long!

I painted the title 'adore' from the "Fine Word Set 1" black, as I did some of the
 "Circle Frames" and also the smaller circles from the "Mini Sampler Set 1".
 
 

I love how black contrasts with bold colour.
 
 

I applied gesso to the "Chain Lengths" and also the "6" Revolution Frame".
 


I also applied gesso to some of the "Polaroid Assorted Frames" and then I stamped 
onto these using a mini chevron pattern and black ink. 
I wanted these to look a bit artsy - definitely not perfect, so I just stamped randomly
 without thinking about how even it was. 
 
 

I added some pieces of scrap paper to the "Triangle Set".
I love how this adds a bit more colour to the layout.
 
 

 

So that's it from me this month!

I hope you are inspired to get your scrappy on!




You can see more of my work here on my BLOG.











8 comments:

Di Garling said...

LOVE them both Tammy especially the black and white one, so dramatic. You do that look perfectly. Great post. 💋♥️

mes10doigts said...

Love both your layouts! They are so different, yet so beautiful!

ingrid said...

Awesome job on the layering! Beautifully done! <3

Rachael Funnell said...

Tammy 💗💗 both of your layouts!!

Debbie said...

Always enjoy your layouts and use of colors. Love the pops of color in the second one!

Lilibleu Scrap said...

Wow wow wow! These are stunning!!

Tammy Klingner said...

Thanks for all your love ladies. xxx

Mary Catt said...

Beautiful work! Love your style Tammy!