Tuesday, May 9, 2017

May Inspiration with Kripa Koushik

Hello 2 crafty fans!

Today, is my very first post on the 2crafty blog!
I'm really excited to share my projects with you all :)

As we get ready to celebrate Mothers Day this weekend in Australia, I wanted to make a
 layout with my kids. I don't do many flower layouts at all, but the delicate Dreamcatcher 
and Circle Lace Chipboard were too pretty. To compliment the chipboard, 
I fussy cut lots of flowers. 

"Treasure"

To alter the chipboards, I applied two coats of white gesso, allowing the gesso to dry completely between applications. Once dry, I painted over with diluted Colourarte Vivid Ultra Metallics.


  To soften the paint, I dabbed a few areas with white gesso.  I then went over with
gold metallic paint with a dry brush to highlight a few random places.


For the title, I used a piece from 'Fine Word Set1'.
Its has also been painted with gold metallic paint.
I love how the curves in the title 'Treasure' adds to the girly feel of the layout.


2Crafty chipboard used
Circle Lace Panel
Dreamcatchers 
Fine Word Set 1







My second layout this month is grungy and more my style.

"Life Documented"

 The 'Checkerboard clump' is definitely my new favourite piece.
To alter the chipboard, I added a coat of gesso mixed with sand texture.
I dried it completely and then painted it.
The same treatment was done to the 'Steampunk Gears Small & Medium' 
and the 'Cute Cogs' which now look more grunge than cute :)


Its also easy to add interest to the layers with chipboard. Cut a 'Tiny Filmstrip' in half
and glue it in between the layers of paper like above.


 For the title, I left the word documented plain after adding gesso.
After painting the other word, I added a little bit of stamping.

2crafty chipboard Used
Film Strip
Checkerboard Clumps
Steampunk Gears Small
Steampunk Gears Medium
Cute Cogs
Life Documented - title



I hope you liked both my layouts.

Thank you for visiting us today.
Happy crafting :)









7 comments:

Tammy Klingner said...

Welcome to 2 crafty. Awesome layouts to start us off with!!! I especially love the grungy feel of the second one! Cant wait to see more of your work!

Di Garling said...

Such a fabulous first post Kripa, LOVE them both and love the way you have used the chippies, especially those Dreamcatchers, they look amazing. A big welcome to our team and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next month. ♥️

ingrid said...

Welcome to the team Kripa! And what an amazing first post! Love the colors of the first one and the grungy style of the second one!

Rachael Funnell said...

Oh how exciting... Welcome aboard! Both of your pages are SENSATIONAL Kripa.. 💗💗

Noura Pompilla said...

They are STUNNING kripa love it 💗

Debbie said...

Welcome to the team! Love the two different styles!

Lilibleu Scrap said...

This is amazing! Lovely layouts !!