Sunday, November 25, 2012

Elena's November Mood

November is a very hard month for me to bear. It is too dull, too dark, too rainy, too cold in my part of the world. So I am struggling with this awful mood and here is my bright projects but still under November's influence for you.
The first one is called
Mother & Daughter
 
Yes, you are right , I love to use our photos in my projects
 
I decided to maintain the color palette used in Prima's papers and flowers, so I have a delightful pleasure to be warmed with this turquoise blue and peach shadows. But I wanted to add some shabby colors too, so I kept  the white accents on the chipboard.
I used the title Mother & Daughter
 

 I covered it with white Crackle Paint, then dabbed with acrylic paint in blue, turquoise and guava. I used a sponge to make some random spots.  Then I mounted some flowers on it, just wrapping them over the alphas.


The same technique I used on a 
Bunch of roses
 
I just added flowers to it, to add  more texture to create a bouquet.
 
Also I tried to keep a more visible crackle effect on 
ATC Georgian Frame
and just added the ink on the edges.
 
 
I used it as a padding for the resin embellishment
I kept the blue colors on the Birdcage 1 too.
 
 
I primed it with Gesso, then misted with Lindy's Staburst mist for some shimmering and then sprayed with Dyllusions ink. and you can see this 2-tone result on the chipboard cage.
  
 
  For my second layout I used autumn colors. 
 
  I have started randomly gessoing the chipboard. Then I added some acrylic paint with a sponge and a metallic acrylic paint with my brush
 
Birds on a Wire,
 
 I cut them and the other part I have already used on the other project
 
Penny Farthing
 I placed a big flower on it, which was gessoed too 
 
 
I wanted to add some rusty look on Old Fence, so I painted it roughly with a dry brush and
 the edges on the Miniature tree were inked with the chalk ink
 
I used the same techniques on
Grass Clumps
 
 
Finally my last Layout. I was thinking which one to share with you, 
and decided to finish with some winter colors. Next time I think I will have something  Christmas, so please stay tuned to see my Christmas projects.
but this time I want to show one of my favorite that I made for Manor House Creations.
 
It is a photo of me with my son. I love the tenderness of baby's skin. 
All of you who are mothers know this adorable feeling  of care and the smell of nativity.
That is why I choose the title 
Timeless Moments to Remember
 
I primed this piece with gesso, then applied texture paste and dabbed in blue acrylic paint .
 Next I took some Shimmerz and with a thin brush painted some stripes.
 
The technique used on the Summer Leaf Stem is very simple.
 I primed it with Gesso too and dabbed it with a sponge in light blue acrylic paint.
 
I hope you have enjoyed my projects and if you want to find more inspiration
 using 2Crafty chipboard you are welcome to visit  my blog.
 
TFW
Elena
 
 
Photobucket

12 comments:

Keren Tamir said...

These LOs are phenomenal Elena. The mixed media is amazing

Kelly Foster said...

Oh wow!!! THese are really amazing..I just love your style. You never cease to amaze me, Elena, with all the gorgeous detail and techniques on your pages!!

Linda Eggleton said...

Wow, these are all stunning, Elena! Love the colour combinations in all 3 & the fab chipboard pieces & techniques you've used. Love looking at your work!

Di Garling said...

FANTASTIC layouts Elena. So many gorgeous things to grab the eye. Love all the techniques you have used on your chipboard too. Fabulous post, I love them all. Cheers Di xo

Margyz Paper Games said...

These layouts are beautiful, Elena especially the last one. Such a precious photo. I love your mixed media work, it's stunning. xoxo Marg

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Lovely work, love your techniques!

Eila Sandberg said...

OMG Elena!! your creativity blows my socks off! these 3 are absolutely STUNNING. So so many techniques and details, totally mindboggling my girl! Your chippie treatment is superb!! WTG! xoxo

Vanessa said...

Gorgeous projects this month Elena, all are spectacular and techniques are great. Love the last one, so soft and feminine.

Leonie said...

All three layouts are just Stunning Elena. Love the colours in the first page, just beautiful!!!

MarĂ­lia Lopes said...

Gorgeous pages with so many wonderful details.
Fab work!!!!

Vicky Alberto said...

I love your sponge technique - gorgeous artistic layouts!!!

Fiona said...

Stunning projects each and every one of them Elena, gorgeous love them all!
Fiona
x