Monday, October 9, 2023

'Travel the World' by Emma Zappone

Welcome to a new week everyone.
Em with you all today.



This page is full of clustering and soft colours.
Let's check out the chipboard used.....

Fern Leaf set
Corner Lorena
Foliage Set 7
Pretty Flowers



I wanted the focus on the left side of the picture, to compliment and add to the floral composition within the image.
I chose to start with a piece of the foliage 7 and a Lorena Corner. These were painted with complimentary acrylics and distress oxides. With a silver wax finish. These were my starting layers.



Next I really wanted the Flowers to pop against the teals. The base part of the flower was painted in a liquid acrylic and the top layer a complimentary orange acrylic. Before I glued the 2 elements together, I stamped a ticket stamp with white ink to add some extra visual interest. 



These really are a special feature for me.



Finally to add to the foliage feels, I added one of the Fern pieces in the same orange as the base of the flowers. And Also with a light amount of stamping to tie all the elements in together.



I think the combo of chipboard used on this page is one of my favourites so far.



I hope this has inspired you to get a little crafty this week. 
I will catch you all again later in the month.
Have a great day.

Stay Crafty, Em xx