Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Sweet Memory of YOU ~ by Robin Schelin

Hellooo everyone! Thanks for stopping by the blog today.

Today I am sharing a layout of my granddaughter. This photo was taken 13 years ago when she was 6 years old. I followed her around just snapping pictures, must have taken at least a hundred of them, just snapping away! This was back when you had to actually use a camera, no cameras on the phones yet. At least I didn't have one! Anyway, after having to delete most of the pics, I did manage to take a few good ones! This is one of them.

Hope you like it!

"Sweet Memory of YOU"





Beautiful 2Crafty Chipboard I used:

Heart Clumps
Frame Hand drawn Hearts
Sweet Moment
Memory of YOU


As is my thang...first a good coating of white gesso for all the chippies.


I love the beautiful Frame Hand Drawn Hearts! I used the spacer in the pack that separates the 2 hearts for the big heart here. I cheated, and glued patterned paper on it. I just couldn't get the right color of purple no matter what I used, and I tried several things, so I just covered it with paper from the same collection to get it to match. 

Ladies, don't throw away the chipboard spacers that are between the chippie pieces...you never know when you can use them!

The small heart here is the actual chipboard piece from the Frame Hand Drawn Heart package. I painted it with purple from the Prima Watercolor Confetti Set. Being a little darker than the paper covered heart, it gives good contrast.


Moving down the left of the photo is part of the title of the layout. I used the word "Sweet" from the Sweet Moment title piece. I saved the word "Moment" to use on another project. That's the beauty of these titles, you can use all, or part of them to fit the theme of your project. I painted it with White Acrylic Paint.

Underneath the word "Sweet" I placed a few of the Heart Clumps. These little beauties are so cute and can also be cut to fit your need.  These were also painted with purple from the Prima Watercolor Confetti Set to carry the color down from the heart up top.


Lastly, is the main title, Memory of YOU. I also painted this with White Acrylic Paint. I wanted the title to flow, uninterrupted by different colors. 


I hope you like this layout and that it has inspired you to dig out some of your old photos and give them new life!

Until next time...happy scrapping!