Wednesday, March 8, 2023

'Let It Be' - by Emma Zappone

 Hi there 2Crafty friends.
Em with you today sharing a layout featuring a neutral palette with hints of colour.
This style is becoming a real fave of mine.



I have used these pieces amongst my layers.....

11" Fine Floral Frame Set
Grid Panel
Mini Decorative Frames Set 9




I thought about keeping my chippy raw for this one as I wanted to utilise the neutral, brown tones. 
But I chose to paint the Grid panel and the Frames with a cream acrylic paint, so that I could antique them instead.



Once the acrylic was dry on the frames, I added an Umber liquid acrylic to add some depth in colour. Dried that and then applied an antiquing wax to them. Loved this effect.



The Grid Panel was left cream with some stamping to finish it off.
I added some stamping to the Frames as well.



The Fine Florals were painted with colour acrylics to match the tones I wanted to pull from the image.
These were then set with a clear emboss powder. Which gives it a beautiful shine.



I love how tonal all the chipboard is. They really are the perfect layering embellishment.



Thanks for joining me today. I hope I have inspired a little.
I look forward to seeing you again later in the month.

Till then stay crafty, Em xx