Thursday, March 3, 2022

Discover
By Charmane Sharp

 As you know I love the beach!!

This could be any scenery photo you have
transformed to look like you are looking through
a window and remembering that moment.

These Window Shutters are so versatile. This was a 
holiday memory from a favourite beach that I
created a scene for. Check out the details below
to see how I add texture to my chipboard pieces.





2Crafty Chipboard used...

Birds set
Lighthouse
Old Fence x2
Window Shutter set 1
Title- Discover




To achieve a worn aged look to my Shutters I applied Gesso and then
wiped some Grit Paste over it randomly for texture of worn wood. Then
I painted with watercolour and sanded in areas to look like old paint.
The title was coloured with Watercolour and some Art Stones were
attached.




I gave the Lighthouse a brick look by running it through an embossing 
folder. I then applied a couple of coats of watercolours to achieve light 
and dark shades for an old lighthouse look. Finished with some Black 
soot ink on the edges for a shadow. Hope you love how this technique 
turned out.




I applied the same technique to two of the Old Fences with a woodgrain
embossing folder. Using watercolours means the highs and lows created,
get showcased where the colour pools darker. 

I hope you have enjoyed these ideas on transforming chipboard.
Thanks for stopping by today I appreciate it.

Until next time...

Charmane x