Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July Projects from Marianne Johansson
Plus a PHOTO TUTORIAL


"Feed Your Soul"

Hi and welcome to my first post as a 2Crafty Designer. Thrilled to be here!!

My first layout is with photos taken on a cafe in my hometown.
 I just loved how they had decorated the walls.
And my choice of chipboards for this layout was an easy choice. Just love this 
Square Collage panel and Interlocking Grid panel. Perfect for my layout!


I used an Archival Ink pad to color my chippies and they also got a dash of black gesso.


I cut off  the "lines" on the Corner Genieve chipboard which turned
 it from a corner to simply a flourish !!


You can see the kind of "rough" details on some of the chipboards, that's white
 heavy Gesso which I generously added  before coloring with ink.


Look how cool this chipboard is when adding some text inside one of the squares.


The chipboards are glued on top of each other in several
 places to get some more dimension.

2Crafty Chipboard Used..
Square Collage Panel
Interlocking Grid Panel
Corner Genevive



My next layout comes with a small photo tutorial

"Beautiful"  - Layout Plus Photo Tutorial


This time I have chosen a photo of a beautiful tree , growing wild in Mallorca
 "nerium oleander". I love this and I am always amazed when I see plants like this, 
as a tree (when I normally have these as a plant inside my livingroom)


I started gessoing the chipboards. Here you see the Rose Vine border.
 I cut it in to several pieces


Next I gessoed the Circle lace panel. I used gesso as glue to my page and did 
a random coat of Gesso with a spatular.


Here you see how I cut the chipboard, I wanted it to be a kind of frame to my photo


Next I added some pink spray ink on top of the wet gesso.


Both the ATC Georgian frame and the title Beautiful were gessoed 
(I did use some red ink on the title first, but changed my mind, 
so I coated it with  some white gesso instead)


Next I added some Mica Powder teal on the ATC Georgian frame


I used a card and rubbed some black Gesso over the edges on the Circle Lace panel.


And once again I changed my mind regarding the title Beautiful, and covered
 it with black gesso with a sponge.


The Rose vine border got some black gesso as well.


I finished working with the chipboards by giving them all a 
MicaPowder treatment, mixed with water.


Here you see the Rose vine border and the title with the teal MicaPowder.


Loved the look on the chippies with the combination of black and teal.



I used the ATC Georgian frame on top of my photo as a "highlight".


The chippies are in several layers as you can see here.


Absolutely love the font on the title Beautiful



2Crafty Chipboard Used...
Rose Vine Border
Beautiful - title
Circle Lace Panel
ATC Georgian Frames




 Hope you like my projects with the awesome 2Crafty Chipboards
and got some inspiration while you were here!

Thank you all for stopping by!





































Photobucket