Tuesday, October 15, 2024

"Special Day"
Mixed Media Layout
By Di Garling


Well hi there & hello, thanks for stopping by.
Today I have a layout to share & I have created this lovely
mixed media background to help showcase it all.
I hope you like it. 
 
2Crafty Chipboard Used…
Frames - Handrawn Hearts
“Special Days” title
Leafy Shrub Set #1


After firstly creating my background with pastes, 
stencilling & sprays I then set about altering all
the chipboard pieces to match it & I was super happy
with how they turned out. That is the beauty of using chipboard, 
you can customise it to match absolutely any theme or style!!

For my title, it actually said, "Special Days" but I just snipped
off the "S" which worked better with this layout. Too easy !!
I coloured it up with a couple of different colour paints.


This is the magnificent "Handrawn Heart Frame" which by the way,
a few of the other design team girls have also used lately. Be sure
to check out how they too have used it.  It really is soo
nice we all LOVE it. I have coloured it the same way I did the title.

The last pieces of chippie I have used on my layout are from
the "Leafy Shrub Set #1", another fantastic piece & one which
I personally use quite regularly. This set of shrubery works sooo
well with flowers etc. 
I firstly applied some texture paste to the petals to create
some texture on the leaves before I painted them.

Well thats all from me today.
Until next time....