Monday, September 16, 2024

This GIRL ~ by Robin Schelin

 Hi everybody! So glad you stopped by the blog today.

This layout is waaaay out of my comfort zone with all this color! But it's good to try new things.
This layout was inspired by the colors in the photo. I drew on every color in the photo
 and altered the chipboard accordingly. Hope you like it!


"this GIRL"



2Crafty chippies I used:

Textured Tile Bits
Frame Doodled
this GIRL



All the chipboard was first painted with white Gesso to make sure I got true colors.



Starting at the top is one of the Textured Tile Bits. I used them all around the photo to bring all the attention to the photo. One side of the photo pink to match the background color in the photo, and the other blue to match her sweater. I painted the pink side with Rose Pink Acrylic Paint.

Here also you can see the top of the Frame Doodled. Love this frame! Love the whimsical feel it gives this layout. I painted it with Antique from Prima's Shimmering Lights Watercolor Set. I used this color to match the splotches of color on the background paper.



Here I started with the blue, carrying it down the right side of the photo.
I painted it with Turquoise Deep Acrylic Paint.



More of the blue at the bottom right of the layout.



Here on the left I finished off the Textured Tile Bits with the pink. 

The title, this GIRL, was simply painted with White Acrylic Paint.
With all the color on this layout I wanted the title to pop, so white was the way to go.


Hope I inspired you to use bright colors on your chippies. I'm glad I did!

See you soon.....xx