Thursday, July 18, 2024

Beach Babe - Laura Gilhuly

Hi everyone!

Laura here today to share another layout for my husbands album!



 I know the photo is not the greatest, but it deserves to be remembered!

2Crafty chipboard used:


Seaweed Set 1

Charlotte Page Flourish

Flourish 2

Beach Babe

SeaShells Set 2




For Charlotte's Flourish and the Beach Babe Title, I wanted it to coordinate with the paper but still have a beachy feel.  I painted it with Salvaged Patina distressed paint and heat set it, I then added Peacock Feathers distress paint and sprayed with water so the paint looks two toned.  I added some tainted Teal powder and again sprayed with water.  I allowed it to air dry then splattered white gesso mixed with some water with a fan brush.



I wanted to introduce a complimentary color to the teal papers and I took inspiration from my husbands shirt in the photo and decided to add orange.  I used modeling paste and a stencil then added orange brusho powder spritzed with water.  To continue with the orange I painted the seaweed and the flourish 2 with orange impasto paint and the same paint mixed with a little white.  I painted the seashells and the other seaweed with pearl white paint then added a little color with orange and teal paint that I wiped off to only leave a shadow of the color.



Thank you so much for stopping by