Thursday, May 23, 2024

Today & everyday ~ by Robin Schelin

 Hi everyone, welcome back to the blog!

Today I am sharing a spring layout with you. Spring is my favorite season. Winter is OVER and it's finally starting to warm up a little bit! The leaves are budding, the flowers are starting to bloom, there's new life everywhere. Here in Colorado spring and summer are very short, so when May rolls around and the warm weather starts to kicks in, we take full advantage because winter is right around the corner... again!! 


"Today & everyday"



2Crafty I used:

BeeYOUtiful Set

Squiggly Arrow Journaling Spots

Today & everyday




Remember, Gesso those chippies!

At the left, tucked in under the photo, is a piece of honeycomb from the BeeYOUtiful Set. I painted it with White Acrylic Paint. I placed it here just to add a little texture. These little pieces are perfect tucked in anywhere to give added interest lending to the feel of your project.


This is one of the fabulous arrows from the Squiggly Arrow Journaling Spots. I love these pieces and have used them on other layouts. They are just so unique, as are so many of the chipboard pieces from 2Crafty. I painted it with White Acrylic Paint. I wanted it to be subtle, framing part of the title. 


I cut the word 'everyday' off the title Today and everyday, and placed it here, below the photo, along with a small ampersand from the 49and Market collection that I used to complete the title. The whole title was too big for this area, so using just this word worked nicely. Then below the title, I placed another piece of the honeycomb from the BeeYOUtiful Set. These was also painted with White Acrylic Paint, as was all the chipboard pieces I used.

 With the soft colors of the background paper, and the white flowers, I thought that painting all the chippies white worked best for the overall composition and look I was going for.


I hope you like this springy layout, and that it gives you a warm and cozy feeling! Be back in a few weeks with more from 2Crafty!

XX