Tuesday, March 5, 2024

this Girl - by Robin Schelin

 Hi all, thanks for stopping by the blog!

I'm sharing another layout of my granddaughter from many years ago. She was sunning herself in the middle of the backyard. This was the perfect title for this photo. I laugh and shake my head sometimes at the things she does! Such a great memory!


"this GIRL"



BeeYoutiful Set

this GIRL

Squiggly Circle Arrow Journal Spots



Gesso the chipboard first.  Even if you don't use a lot of mediums, what you DO use will come out better!

So, I didn't use a lot of chipboard on this layout because I didn't think it needed it. But it did need some! This title in particular! Perfect for this girl, like I said earlier. She is such a ham! this GIRL was just painted with White Acrylic Paint. I know that I use white on a lot of my chipboard, but sometimes that's all you need to use to get the desired overall look you're going for.

Same thing with the honeycomb from the BeeYoutiful Set. Just simply painted white. Peeking out from under the leaves is subtle, but necessary!


Here is one of the Squiggly Circle Arrow Journal Spots. I just love these little arrows! Perfect for pointing at this GIRL!!  I covered it with white Gesso and left it that way. I wanted it to be white, but not as bright as the title. It's more like the muted color of the daisies surrounding the photo. 


And lastly, here is another piece of honeycomb from the BeeYoutiful Set peeking out up at the top right under the leaves balancing out the bottom left. 


I hope you like this layout of my silly, quirky little granddaughter!