Friday, December 30, 2022

'Maggie Sue' by Emma Zappone BONUS Video

 Hi everyone. 
Today I share my final layout for 2022 with you.
'Maggie Sue' is a gorgeous child, full of questions and possibilities. She loves to visit her grandma's garden and chase the butterflies amongst the Gerbera's and Daisy flowers. You can see Maggie's story unfold in the Process Video here..



The chipboard pieces featured to make this page......

Flourish Adornment set 5
Handrawn Flowers
Chunky Dandelions


I was so drawn to this cute face of  'Maggie Sue's' when I found it on Pinterest, I have held on to it for quite some time, waiting for the perfect opportunity.
So today's creating was the perfect time to use her.



To prepare all the chipboard for this layout, I painted them with white Gesso to prime ready for paint.
For the Flourish Adornment piece I added some brown acrylic for contrast against the orange and yellow tones, which I then stamped an image with black ink on top.



The leaves off the Hand Drawn Flowers were also painted with the brown acrylic with a touch of orange still on the sponge. This created a beautiful 2 tone effect on the leaves.



The Flowers and the Dandelions are painted in a striking orange that sets them out above the layers of the papers behind 'Maggie Sue'.



You can see my process here in this Video.



I hope you have a great day and I will see you all next year.
Have an awesome New Year.

Em xx