Monday, November 7, 2022

"with you anything is possible" ~ by Robin Schelin

Hi everyone! Welcome back to the blog.

Today I am sharing my first project for November.  Who doesn't remember playing dress up with mom's shoes, make-up, jewelry, etc! So much fun. I love the memories this photo brings back.  Hope it brings back memories for you as well.


"with you anything is possible"


The beautiful 2Crafty Chipboard I uses:

Circle Lace Panel

Mini Flourish Bits

Bubble Clumps

with you anything is possible - Title

Ariel's Spray

Film Strips Medium



Before altering the Chipboard, I first coated it all with White Gesso because that's what I do to ensure that whatever I use to alter it, I will will get uniform and true color.


Ok, starting at the top I cut a small piece out of the Circle Lace Panel and glued it down under the arched frame at the upper left behind the photo. I used this piece, like this, on a previous layout and liked it so much I did it again here. I painted it White Acrylic Paint, then dabbed some Yellow Acrylic Paint over it.


Here is one of the Mini Flourish Bits.  These little swirls are so versatile, you can use them just about anywhere. I use them all the time because they are just the right size for those small spaces, and they are so pretty! I heat embossed it with White Ultra Thick Embossing Powder.


And then at the bottom left I have included a few the super fun Bubble Clumps. These were also heat embossed with White Ultra Thick Embossing.


For the title, with you anything is possible, I decided to heat emboss the top with Green Embossing Powder and paint the bottom with White Acrylic Paint. I think this adds interest and adds emphasis on the words "with you".

Here, under the title, is Ariel's Spray. I cut the leaves off the piece and just used them. I heat embossed it with Green Embossing Powder. This is just one of many reasons 2Crafty is so great: you can cut them up, use just a bit, and have the rest of the piece to use on another project. 


Last but not least is the Film Strip Medium. I wanted to make a little focal point on the right of the photo, so under the foliage I added this little film strip. I painted it with Grey Acrylic Paint to bring out the color of the little girl's dress on the right.


I hope you like this layout and that it has inspired you. I look forward to sharing my next
project which is in keeping with the beginning of the holiday season.
Until then, take care, stay safe and keep on crafting!