Monday, August 8, 2022

Be Curious - by Emma Zappone

Hello there!
Emma with you today, and I share a page that has a hint of 'spring' about it.



This page has a lot going on, well it has for me as I usually layer but not too heavy. But with this one I really wanted it to sing floral and yet capture the idea of a 'curious' garden behind the gates.
Plus the choice of chipboard I chose was so much fun to play with......

Diamond Chunks
Ornate Gateway
Foliage set 10




I spent quite some time altering the chipboard pieces with different mediums for this page.



The stunning Ornate Gateway started with a layer of White Gesso, then I added 2 liquid acrylic colours in umber and nude. Once these were dried I added some rub-ons in a few spots to mimic the look of old 'signs' on old botanical garden gates.



I did a similar finish on the Diamond chunks, but without the umber tone to create a contrast from the other elements. I used these pieces as a very subtle layer amongst my elements.



The Foliage were also primed with white Gesso. Then 2 green acrylic paints were added to create a 2 tone effect. Then stamping was added, again to create more visual interest. Finally on the Foliage and the Ornate Gateway I added a clear emboss powder to really make them special.



Along with a mix of resin pieces and amazing paper elements this page really 'sprung' off the page. I have added dimension by lifting off the page, so it gives the feel that you want to peer through the gate, to see more wonder. 'Be Curious' so to speak.



Thank you so much for joining me today.

I look forward to seeing you again later this month.

Stay Crafty!

Em xx