Wednesday, January 5, 2022

"The Magic of Snow" by Robin Schelin

  HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

Welcome back for another wonderful year of inspiration from 2Crafty!

 To start off the new year, I've created a layout that epitomizes winter in Colorado!
While many of you are enjoying warm weather an sunny skies...Not this girl!!

I'm sitting in front of a warm cozy fire, drinking coffee, and showing you my reality!


"The Magic of Snow"





I used a LOT of beautiful 2Crafty goodness on this layout! When I started working on this, the further I got, the more chipboard I added! 

2 Crafty Chipboard I used:

Crystal Snowflakes  

Linear Snowflakes

6" Circle Revolution Frames

Festive Branch

Doily Disc Set 1

Deer Set

Mini Branches

Leafy Twig Branches

The Magic of Snow

                                                                      



As always, I first coated all the chipboard with white gesso.  Go grab a cup of coffee,  I have
a lot of details to show you.



Starting at the top is the  6" Circle Revolution Frame that I painted with grey 
Acrylic Paint.
Then on the right is one of the 2 Doily Discs that I painted with White Acrylic Paint followed by heat embossing with Ranger White Embossing Puffs, then dotted ever so slightly a little grey paint for contrast.
Also there is one of the Reindeer from the Reindeer Set that I dabbed with Bronze Acrylic Paint then added a little Distress Grit Paste on the antlers and back to look like he had been snowed on.




Here are some branches of the Leafy Twig Branches that I painted with Raw Umber Acrylic Paint then  dabbed with some Distress Grit Paste.
I cut these little snowflakes from the Festive Branch and embossed them with Ranger White Embossing Puffs.




Here are more branches from the Leafy Twig Branches, and the other doily from the Doily Disc Set and the other Reindeer from the Reindeer Set.




I added the Mini Branches on both sides of the flowers using Burnt Umber Acrylic Paint dotted with a bit of Ranger Grit Paste.
More of the Leafy Twig Branches filled in the bottom.



I painted the title The Magic of Snow with Grey Acrylic Paint, White Acrylic Paint and then heat embossed the word "Snow" with Ranger White Embossing Puffs.
On both the Crystal Snowflakes and the Linear Snowflakes that are here, and at the top left of the layout, I heat embossed them with Ranger White Embossing Puffs.


And that's it! The essence of winter in my neck of the woods! 
 Hope you like it! And hope you with stay with us throughout the year as all of the designers will be here inspiring you with their beautiful creations!