Thursday, September 2, 2021

"Just You" - by Robin Schelin

 Hi everyone, welcome back to the blog. 

 I'm excited to share with you my first project for the month of September! 

This layout was also done for the CSI challenge which 2Crafty supports.
I am a big fan of reading, so the theme suited me just right!
 Hope you like it!

"Just You"




The beautiful 2Crafty Chipboard I used:

Clock Face Discs
Circle Revolution Frames
Frame Lucy's Flourish 
Skeleton Leaves
Heart Bubble Set
Just You - Title
Lucy's Border


When I decided which pieces of chipboard I was going to use, I prepped them all with white gesso.
 I have a time getting the right color I want on raw chipboard, gesso ensures an even and true color.   



Let's start with the Skeleton Leaves.  they are tucked in at the top of the flower cluster.  I used olive green Acrylic Paint followed with Art Alchemy Opal Magic Wax in Green Brocade.  I just wiped over them with my finger.

On the Clock Face Discs, I heat embossed it with Ranger White embossing Puffs.

Then on the Frame Lucy's Flourish (love this one), I also used olive green Acrylic Paint, then the Green Brocade Art Alchemy Wax to bring out some shine.

Then I added the circles from the Heart Bubble Set.  I used gold Acrylic Paint.

Lastly, on Lucy's Border, I just heat embossed it with white Ranger Embossing Puffs.




The same techniques were used on the left side of the layout as well to give balance to both flower clusters.





On the wonderful Circle Revolution Frames, I heat embossed with white Ranger Embossing puffs and then brushed over it with light green Paper Soft Color. I cut the frame and kind of pried open the 3 prongs to give interest to the bottom right side of the layout.

For the title Just You, I tried to get the same color and textured look as the light tones of the background paper.  I first heat embossed with white Ranger Embossing Puffs, then added a light coat of olive green Acrylic Paint.  After that I brushed on Stone Effects Dimensional Medium to get a rough look.


Well, that's it for me for now.  See you again in a few weeks with another project. Until then keep on keep on crafting!!