Thursday, April 29, 2021

Some "Beyond the Page" Mixed Media Fun
By Di Garling


Hello there, thanks so much for stopping by.
Di Garling here with you today to share a little "Beyond The Page"
mixed media project which features one of my granddaughters.

I will be teaching this class in July at
"Love to Create" at Maitland here in NSW.

2Crafty Chipboard Used...
12"x12" Clock Face Frames
Fern Leaf Set
Word Circle Set #1



So after creating this mixed media background I then set about altering the chipboard.

To start, a coat of white gesso on the "Clockface Frame" & once dry, I then applied  
 a generous coat of "crackle paste". Once that was dry, I then painted it with white
acrylic paint as I wanted it to be snow white. Next step, I randomly wiped on some
black paint to give it the look you see now. Although this took four coats in total,
I think it was worth the effort. I am really happy with how this piece turned out.



For the little SMILE "Circle Word" I did the same except I didn't use
 crackle paste on it though.

Lastly came the gorgeous chippie "Fern Leaves".
These were given a coat of gesso, followed by sponging on some green
paint & once dry, randomly sponging on more gesso.

Hey presto, all finished.
I hope you like it.


Until next time...