Thursday, December 26, 2019

Tammy's final post......

Hi Creative Souls....
I hope you had a lovely Christmas and get some extra family time in over the next few days.

It is with a heavy heart that I share my final project for 2Crafty Chipboard.
Life has taken over a little, and left less time for my creative pursuits, so it's time to say goodbye.....

I've loved sharing with you over the last couple of years and I absolutely have had so much fun with the chipboard.  I just love that it's a blank canvas, ready for me to add colour and texture.

So before I get too weepy, here's my final project.....




A heartfelt one about my daughter growing up.
She's about to take that huge step into the world and looking back it feels as though it was just yesterday that I held her in my arms and my heart burst!
It really does happen in a blink of the eye.




I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard:

"NEW 12 inch Floral Heart Frame"
"Botanical Border"
"Beyond Words Title"



I just adore that 12" Heart Frame, and knew it was perfect for this page.
I began by coating it in white gesso, and then I went in with my watercolours.
I individually covered the flowers and leaves.
It took time, but I just love the result.
I adore the washed look of the watercolour.
Colourful and imperfect.
(a bit like me)




Once I had finished, I added some doodling with a black pen.
It gives it a whimsical feel that goes so well with the watercolour.




I then trimmed some of the flowers, leaves and stems from the "Botanical Border".
I applied white gesso, and then added watercolour.
I went for a two-tone effect, and this pop of yellow just lifted the whole layout.
I then added these to my clusters.




For my "Beyond Words title", I laid it on top once everything else was in place.
I coated in white paint and then added Dimensional Magic to give it a resin/gloss like appearance.
This just helped it to stand out from the rest of the layout.




There we have it, so arty and colourful...




As a final goodbye, I thought I'd leave you with a few of my favourite layouts.....




































I'll keep popping in to be inspired by the very talented Design Team.
They never fail to knock my socks off!

Much creative love
xx