Monday, August 26, 2019

Tropical Sunset
by Tammy Klingner

Hi there 2Crafty Creatives!!

Tam here today to share my latest creation:



A layout about a night I don't ever want to forget....




Look at all that gorgeous chipboard!!!
I didn't need to add much more...when the chipboard is so stunning, it does the  hard work for you!!

I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard:

"Tropical Sunset Title"
"Summer Leaf Stems"
"Cheryl's Floral Frame Set"




Let's take a closer look......

I began by applying white gesso to ALL of the chipboard.

I then used watercolours to add colour to the flowers and the frame.




I trimmed the flowers from the smaller frame in the "Cheryl's Floral Frame Set", and added them to the top of the larger frame.

I added some doodling with black and white pens to add some definition.




I love how these flowers look and I really like the colours too.
I tried to go for a more pastel look.....but somehow colour ALWAYS takes over when I create.
I guess it's 'my thing'.

I trimmed down some of the "Summer Leaf Stems", and applied white paint and a few doodles with a black pen.
I then poked these in amongst the flowers.




For the "Tropical Sunset Title", I added watercolours in an ombre effect.  
I only did this to the Tropical word, I purposely left the word sunset white, for contrast.




There you have it!




I'll be back next month to share some more chipboard creations!

Until then, you can find me on my BLOG.