Saturday, October 13, 2018

'Happy Halloween' By Elisa Ablett - October Inspiration

💀💀💀💀💀💀💀

Hi Crafters,

Elisa here from the design team with my latest mixed media layout with a Halloween twist!

With Halloween Night fast approaching I thought it would be fun to scrap one of the many photos I have of one of my boys in dressup, ready to go trick or treating with his scary mask and cape.

I have a few creepy ghoulish stamps from Stampotique and wanted to incorporate them as well.


Let's take a look at the 2Crafty products used in this layout 👻




http://2crafty.com.au/craft_chipboard/skeleton-unit-p-1551.html

Here are some close ups!




I also wanted to show you how I created the base of my background, here is a short step by step to show you how to incorporate your Gel Plate and paints into your layout - 


I used an 8 x 8 gel plate with some lovely good quality black paint from Decoart, using a brayer gently spread the paint onto the gel plate, I wanted to leave the lines and texture in the paint.


While the black paint was wet, I squeezed some grey paint onto the plate and spread with the brayer in patches only. Add a few splats of white paint here as well and brayer, you should have 3 different tones on your gel plate before you pull a print.


Once dry (here in this photo you can see the different tones and texture when it has dried) using a circle template, a dinner plate or a bowl etc, roughly trace around your print with a black permanent pen.


Grab some of your favourite grunge stamps and stamp around your circle.


Stamp onto white tissue paper or deli paper with your ghoul stamps from Stampotique, once the ink has dried fussy cut around the edges of your stamped images. 


I used a clear drying glue stick to glue my tissue paper down onto my page. Paint your chipboard. With the larger stamped images I stuck my 2Crafty chipboard circles around each stamped image and stapled them.

There are a few more finishing touches including paint splatters and stamping which can be seen in the main photo :-) 


That's it from me today, I hope you have been inspired to try a little Halloween for your next project featuring 2Crafty.

Hugs

Elisa xx

Here are my social media links if you want to follow along with me :-)