Wednesday, February 21, 2018

February Inspiration with Sabrina Turpin

Hello 2Crafty fans,

It is my turn to share my February layouts. Playing with the 2crafty chipboards is 
always a pleasure.
 I hope you'll like my layouts as much as I had fun to making them!
.
"Hello Beautiful"
Hello Beautiful is a layout made with the school photo of my daughter.


 
In the "Hello Beautiful" layout, I embossed the "Feather" chipboard
 with a copper embossing enamel.


 The "Pointed Doily Frame", the "Decorative Disc Set #1" and the "Winter Twig Branches"
are inked and embossed with different colors of embossing ink. 


For the title, I used  aged white embossing enamel.

2Crafty Chipboards Used...
Hello Beautiful
Decorative Disc Set 1

Feather
Pointed Doily Frame
Winter Twit Branches



"Perfection"

For my "Perfection" layout, I decided to use a black background 
that I found gave it gave a boyish look.


For this layout, I used the "Diamond Chunks Bits" as a background, which I 
embossed with silver powder and then used black embossing ink on top of it.


I diluted some charcoal paint and applied it to the "Swirly Star Border". 
This gives a nice effect where the chipboard looks very roughly painted.

For the "Steampunk Gears", I also used paint, but a metallic navy blue one which I diluted less.


For the large "Wire Star" in the background, I used regular undiluted grey paint.


Finally, for the title, I used white embossing powder on the word: Perfection.



2Crafty Chipboard Used:
Perfection
Diamond Chunk Bits

Steampunk gears Medium
Swirly Star Border
Wire Stars

I also have an extra layout to present, because I'm a guest designer the CSI blog.
 I created this layout for the #248 CSI: Colors, Story, inspiration.

For this month, 2Crafty Chipboard is sponsoring their challenges. 




I used "Hearts Clumps" for the background. I applied a white gesso on it and
 I applied some waterpaint powder to the background. 


I left the "Mini Branches" chipboard at their natural color. For the little 
"Messy Square Frame", I used a glittering embossing powder.


Finally, for the title, I used the word "Love" from the "Fine Words Set #1"
 and applied embossing ink.

2Crafty Chipboards Used..
Mini Branches
Hearts Clumbs

Fine words Set 1
Messy Square Frames

I hope that my layouts inspired you!