Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Two Christmas Layouts (and a farewell) by Karine

Dear 2Crafty fans,

Karine here to share two Christmas layouts I created.
 These two layouts will be my last share for the 2Crafty team, as I decided to step down.
 My personal and professional lives are so crazy right now and I feel like I'm always
 struggling to find time to create.
 I would like to thank Vanessa for having me as part of the team for a year: 2Crafty products
 are the best and everyone on the team was always so nice and supportive. 
Thanks to the 2Crafty family: you're the best.

Here is my first layout. It is called...

" Noel"

The first piece I selected for this layout is the Holly Flourish. I think
it's by far my most favorite Christmas chipboard: it's so elegant!


I decided to emboss it with a silver embossing powder, to make it pop against my red background.


I then selected the beautiful Pointed Ornament Set.


I embossed the pieces with three colors of embossing powders: red, silver and black,
 making sure the bottom piece was in a contrasting color from the top piece.
 I love all the details of those chipboards.


My title piece is from the Christmas Mini Words Set 2.
 I embossed it again with silver embossing powder.


2Crafty Products used:
Holly Flourish
Pointed Ornament Set
Christmas Mini Words Set 2


My second layout is called...

 "A Christmas to Remember"


Don't you love the little angel face of my boy on that picture? He was so little!


I wanted to create something with lots of snowflakes. I chose to use two sets of the
 Fine Snowflakes. I embossed them again with silver embossing powder.


I then added the Holly Twig branches in my embellishments clusters.


I painted those pieces with an acrylic paint with a metallic finish.


I love how they fit within the layout while having a different more subtle finish.

My title piece is the A Christmas to Remember piece, embossed with silver embossing powder.


I placed it on the right side of my picture.


A few flowers and embellishments to tie everything together.



2Crafty Products used:
Fine Snowflakes
Holly Twig Branches
A Christmas to Remember

I hope you like my layouts and I wish a happy holiday season for everyone
who celebrates Christmas.
Karine
xx