Sunday, March 19, 2017

Karine's March Shares

Dear 2crafty friends,

It's my turn, today, to share my two layouts for this month. 
Lets take a look at the first one.


"Love You"

I created a mixed media background using mists, modeling paste and stamps.
 I kept it pretty soft, as I wanted my chipboard pieces to stand out. My main piece is the Ariel's Spray chipboard, which I placed along my picture. I really like the straight line on that piece: it goes so well against a photo! I embossed the Ariel's Spray with a blue embossing powder. 



I then scattered some Lattice Leaves here and there, following the design
 of the main chipboard piece. Those leaves, I embossed with a metallic green embossing powder. 



I really love how those leaves complement the design of the Ariel's Spray.




The Love You title, is embossed with the same metallic 
green embossing powder. 

2Crafty products used:
Ariel's Spray
Lattice Leaves
 Love You-title



For my second layout, I went a bit wild. Lets take a look at it.

"Moment"

I wanted this layout to be grunge and rusty, to go with the face of 
my little man on the picture. He looks so grumpy!


I created a mixed media background using some black modeling paste through a stencil and some pigments to give the impression of rust that ran through the page. Then, I cut the Square Collage Panel into pieces that I adhered on both sides of the layout.


To make it more masculine, I added the Steampunk Gear Medium pieces  
on the left side. All my chipboards then were covered with rust paste. 
I can't tell you enough how I love the result! It's so... rusty! :)


A few flowers, some metal pieces and a fabric heart to embellish everything 
and my layout was pretty much done! All that there was missing was a title.


I choose the Moment Loopy Font piece, which I covered with black gesso.

2Crafty products used:
Square Collage Panel
Steampunk Gear Medium
Moment Loopy Font

I hope my layouts inspired you. Have a nice day!