Sunday, March 27, 2016

March Inspiration With TUTORIAL
by Marianne Johansson

"Always Follow Your Dreams"


Hi everyone!
Today I have canvas with a small tutorial to show you.

First I want to show some steps how this canvas was made:

I started with a gessoed canvas (size 18x24cm) and used heavy gel medium to
glue chippies on the canvas.
Some are whole pieces of chipboard and some are leftovers from other projects.


Used a lot of gel medium.


When all was dry I painted the whole piece with black gesso


Here is the canvas almost dry.


Next, after the black gesso was completely dry I used a stencil and
 light molding paste to get even more structure on the canvas.


After another round with black gesso (to cover the light molding paste) I used some
 mica powder mixed with gel medium on the butterfly and the circle.
After drying I did some dry brushing with white gesso.


Embellishments as flowers, buttons and metal was glued on the canvas with gel medium too.


Next I covered it all with black gesso again



For the title I first used white gesso and next white crackle paint



To finish off the canvas I played some more with white gesso and drybrushing.
I also used some Inka Gold , more mica powder and Dylusions spray.









Look how cool the chippies are with the black gesso and dry brushed white gesso:




Here you can see the title with the crackle paint and some turquoise mist on top.





The tiny splashes are white watercolor and turquoise ink.





2Crafty Chipboards used:
Climbing Rose Bush
Delicate butterflies
Art Deco border
Circle revolution frames (inside)


  





"Hey you"


Next thing I want to show today is the layout made for CSI Case file no195.

So fun to play with the case!

The photo this time is again from London and from one of many shoppingd days.



This time I have used mostly ink pad to color my chippies, in the colors requested in the case file 195


I chose to cut the Film Strip in one part and layer on top of the photo



Part of the "testimony", "write as a dialogue"
And you see part of the beautiful Handdrawn Feathers on top


Lots of layers under the photo


The Word Bubbles were perfect for my page


Love how the Handdrawn Feathers look together with the flowers


2Crafty Chipboards used:

Handdrawn feathers
Film Strip
Word bubbles

  



Hugs from








Photobucket