Tuesday, March 29, 2016

April Share With Rachael Funnell

Hi there!
Rachael here today...
Before I start just want to remind you to

Become a blog follower & leave a blog comment to
be eligible to go in our monthly draw for a great chippie prize pack.

'Decide to' - Canvas

2 Crafty Chipboard pieces I have used on 'Decide to' Canvas...
 
 
With my Canvas I wanted to frame this fabulous inspiring quote & thought the 
very funky 'Art deco' frame would work perfectly....I didn't want to loss the detail 
on the frame so I gave it just light coat of gesso & finished it of with some turquoise color!!  
 
 
This 6' clock face frame has a coat of gesso & it ended up also getting some black splatters... 
 

 I cut a 12x12 Circular board piece into smaller pieces & inked with black ink!


Also I gave both ATC - Design elements & Checkerboard clumps a coat of gesso,
 then inked the ATC - Design elements with purple ink...  

 
I then inked some Checkerboard clumps pieces pink, teal & left some white.....
 

With this 'Graceful butterly' I gave it a couple of coats of gesso, 
 then sprayed it with some pink mist....

 
I removed the circle from the attitude word & inked it black.......
 
 
 
For my second project is this layout....

'Go See Do Explore'
 
2 Crafty Chipboard pieces I have used on this layout......
 
 
I didn't want to over power my photo & have used a couple of the 'Asst arrows'  
& the words Go See Do Explore from the 'Mini Travel words set 1' 
 I left these pieces raw... I think it worked perfectly! 
 
 
I"m a REALLY BIG FAN of using negative/leftover pieces. Here  peaking out the 
sides is a negative/leftover piece from the Interlocking grid panel... I gave it a good 
coat of gesso & then added splatters of black & teal then.....  If your like me & love
to have layers & dimension in your layouts I think its a great way to used up these pieces....  :)
 
 
Also! I gave a couple of  6' Circle revolution frames a coat of gesso....
 
 
Added black ink to some Mini & Medium sized Steampunk gears...
 

Here the 'Asst Arrows' have good coat of gesso .... Most pieces have ended up getting
some splatters of black & teal, which is a nice finishing touch I think.....

 
Before I go I have two more layouts to share.... 
Both are for 2 Crafty Chipboard DT guest designing  over at CSI. (Colors, Stories,
( Inspiration Blog) as Guest Detectives...... I was inpsired to solve Case File No 194 
 



2 Crafty Chipboard pieces I used...
 
& Case File No 195...

 
2 Crafty Chipboard pieces I used...
 
THANK YOU for stopping by & I will be back next month!
 
 
Photobucket

11 comments:

Shari Czerwinski said...

Woah, so many wonderful projects in one post! Love all the layers you manage to work in to one piece. Great colors and chippies too!

Reusing Cards & Quilling said...

Loved the beautiful spring colors and the lovely chipboards on first one..and the sea themed one is awesome!

Purvi Gadewar said...

Wow! What a great collection of projects!

Purvi Gadewar said...

Wow! What a great collection of projects!

Tania Ridgwell said...

Wow, what sensational projects Rachael!! Love all the background detail and texture you create on your projects!!! Love them!

Di Garling said...

Love them both Rach but WOWSERS, that canvas is perfection PLUS. Love love love it.

Rosslyn Coutts said...

Great work...lots of detail and I love all the chipboard.

Lisa Griffith said...

Gorgeous projects Rachael, you are such a master at using so many great chippies in your layouts, love all the colors you use too, fabulous :)

Fiona Paltridge said...

Fabulous projects Rach but that canvas!!! My absolute fave of yours to date LOVE IT!!!

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Stunning Projects Rachel! The canvas really blow me away - totally stunning!! Love Your work!

Priscilla Lim said...

What an awesome gallery!