Wednesday, March 23, 2016

March Inspiration by Lisa Griffith

Hello 2 Crafty Chipboard friends! 
It's time for me to share my projects this month. As you have seen 
with some of the other team members, I also designed a layout for the blog
'Colors Stories and Inspiration' to represent the 2 Crafty Chipboard team.
Before we start
Become a blog follower & leave a blog comment to
be eligible to go in our monthly draw for a great chippie prize pack.

'Summer Fun'


2 Crafty chipboard pieces used:

'Polaroid Frames'
'Sharon's Butterflies'
'Film Strip Medium'
'Words Circles Set 2'

I chose Case No. 193 with a beachy feel to it. 
Here is the Case File and please click here to see more of how 
2 Crafty Chipboard's designers solved the case.



As this design was really meant to show off 2 Crafty Chipboard, I kept the 
treatment simple but dramatic with black acrylic paint to really make the 
chipboard pieces pop off the page.


I love the 'Polaroid Frames'! I think they go great with the 'Film Strips'
and really added to my theme.


My second project for this month is a pair of vintage tags.

'Create Art'


2 Crafty Chipboard pieces used:

'Ornate Dragonfly'
'ATC Words 1'
'Hand-Drawn Feathers'


For all of the chipboard pieces I used on my tags, I wanted a rough aged look. So first 
I applied a thick, uneven coat of heavy white gesso and then dried it with my heat gun 
so that the chipboard surface was bubbly, cracked and really textured. Next I painted them
with some Prima 'Art Alchemy' Acrylic Paint in 'Metallique Steampunk Copper' with
a dry brush, and I love how it turned out, they almost looks like a old painted plaster wall.


Same techniques here for the beautiful 'Ornate Dragonfly'. 


I hope I have inspired you a little :) To go modern and fun? 
Or to go delicately vintage and time-worn....
Hugs, Lisa Griffith

Photobucket

14 comments:

Shari Czerwinski said...

Such a gorgeous layout! I especially adore the vintage tag -Beautfiul!

Anonymous said...

Great post Lisa and as always great use of all the chippie pieces too. Awesome. TFS.

Rachael Funnell said...

FANTASTIC layout Lisa & Oh my! those tags are just STUNNING...

Trudi Harrison said...

Adore your creations Lisa!

Di Garling said...

Beautiful layout & I just adore the tags Lisa. As always, fabulous post. TFS. :)

Katerina Mylona said...

I absolutely adore your work!! I'm a new crafter, great inspiring idea for me!!!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Beautiful work, Lisa! I just love the page you made for CSI! Thank you!

Kathleen White said...

Very charming projects!

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Amazing projects! Absolutely love the tags!

Chrissi said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Tania Ridgwell said...

Stunning layout and your tags look fabulous!!

Rosslyn Coutts said...

Fabulous work..so talented.

Fiona Paltridge said...

So beautiful again! I wish I could make stunning tags like you do! and that layout ..... Oh MY!! so amazing!

Priscilla Lim said...

Amazing work. Love how you layer the chipboards in your first layout.