Thursday, December 31, 2015

A Little Inspiration By Di Garling

 
Hi there 2 Crafty fans.
Today I have a layout to share with you that I did recently featuring my beautiful
God Daughter & her little girl. Naturally I have used some lovely 2Crafty chippies.
 
 
 
 2Crafty Chipboard Used...
 Floral Branch
Sweet Child of Mine-title
Chicken Wire Panel
 
 
After firstly creating a soft "wash" type of background using some mists & water
to blend it I thought I would use an old favourite of mine, the "Floral Branch".
Firstly I gave it a coat of gesso, folowing by a little ink on the branches & then to
create my flower centres I just put a dot of pale blue Stickles. Too easy.

 
I do love the way the flowers are engraved & that is shows through
 the gesso to create such lovely detail.

 
Here you can see I have cut up some pieces of the "Chicken Wire Panel".
Again I gave it a basecoat of gesso followed by some brown distress ink which
is water based so I then just brush on a little water to create this "hit & miss"
type of look.

 
The title was coloured used Mica Powder.
 
Well thats all from me today. I hope I have inspired you in some way.
Until next time.
 
 
Please remember to become a blog follower & leave a blog comment to
be eligible to go in our monthly draw for a great chippie prize pack.


 
Photobucket

10 comments:

Tone K. said...

Beautiful LO ! I love everything...the colors...the branch with flowers.....sigh....everything is adorable :)

Rosslyn Coutts said...

Gorgeous page,

Reusing Cards & Quilling said...

Beautiful ! I loved the colors !

Rachael Funnell said...

oh MY Di... This layout is DELIGHTFULLY GORGEOUS... :)

ros said...

so gorgeous Di, love how you've done the floral branch ♥

Catherine Giguère said...

Beautiful, I love the work on the branch!

Lisa Griffith said...

What a pretty design Di, yes! I love how some of flower chippies have that engraved design in them, you altered this one so beautifully...an inspiration!

Kathy Gnj said...

Gosh Di this is stunning! Love the blue 'wash' on the white. The floral branch looks amazing! Everything about this is beautiful, including the subjects in your photos.

Marianne/skorpionen said...

So beautiful Di! Love the floral branch! Amazing details!

Fiona Paltridge said...

Always so stunning!!