Saturday, October 31, 2015

"Perfection" CANVAS
By Di Garling

 
Hi there paper peeps. Today I have a CANVAS to show you that I did
as part of a Guest Designer gig for 2Crafty Chipboard over at the
 Scrap Around the World blog earlier in the month.

 
These are the lovely 2Crafty chippies I have used.
Perfection - title
Handrawn Feathers
Mini ATC Hearts & Stars
Frame Celia's Flourish
Rita's Swirly Border
Freda's Butterflies
 

For the "Perfection" title & the "ATC Tiny Hearts"
I have simply just heat embossed them in gold. 
I thought the gold really made a great contrast against
this coloured background.


Here you can see I have tucked a butterfly from the new "Freda's Butterfly Set"
in at the side of my flower cluster. They are sooo fine & detailed too.


Next up I have used some "Handrawn Feathers" for impact.
After first coating them with gesso, I then just kept brushing on, in a 
random fashion, layers of  turquoise & green mists. Making sure to 
dry them in between. Lastly I finished off with a little random
gold embossing here & there. I was really pleased with the result.


As always, lots of mixed media & stamping on my background.


Now along the left side of my canvas I have used a 
"Frame Celias Flourish" & a "Ritas Swirly Border".
I have placed them back to back to create  impact & I
have given them the same treatment as the feathers above.
 
  Well thats all from me today, I will be back later in the month
with some more inspiration for you. 
In the meantime if you would like to visit my blog, click 
HERE.
 
Please remember to become a blog follower & leave a blog comment to
be eligible to go in our monthly draw for a great chippie prize pack.
 
 
Until next time.


 
Photobucket

17 comments:

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

One of my favourite projects ever from Di! So gorgeous! So much to see...

Kerry said...

WOW! This is just gorgeous!

Tracee said...

Simply DIVINE, would love to hang this on my wall Tx

gumgully said...

Gorgeous work Di

Rosslyn Coutts said...

Absolutely gorgeous...would love to be as clever

gumgully said...

Great colours

Jennifer Snyder said...

yes I have to agree that Divine is the perfect description for the colors and design and composition here

Debbi Tehrani said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I will echo the word divine here!

Fiona Paltridge said...

So so beautiful!! Love everything about it!

Marianne/skorpionen said...

So beautiful! Love the colors and what you've done with the chippies!

KOLOROWY ptak said...

I loooove colors and details!!! Beautiful!

ros said...

i love this canvas so much ♥

Kathy Gnj said...

Beautiful Canvas and gorgeous photo! This is my new fave color combination - love blue and green together.

Mel Field said...

Gorgeous Di!

Trudi Harrison said...

Perfection Plus Di xx

Priscilla Lim said...

Gorgeous colours with a touch of gold elegance 😍

Tone K. said...

Stunning work as always....I am speachless :)