Thursday, June 4, 2015

June Shares by Annie Carignan
Using Gelatos on Chipboard

It is time for me to say goodbye to all of you and to all my fellow DT members.

  I am sharing with you today my last projects.
  This year has been an incredible journey at 2Crafty. 

 Thank you Vanessa for giving me the chance to inspire 
everyone (I hope), with my creativity,  which came so easily with all the
 beautiful pieces available in the store!
 It was an honour for me to be chosen and I loved my experience.
  Good luck to the new team, I wish you all the best !

"Summer Adventure"

All my chipboards were first coated with White Gesso, then I played with my Gelatos.
 It is as simple as that ! I like mixing different colors on the pieces. Here are some close up shots :


With the gelatos, you can get some lovely muted effects, and they blend well
so you can mix the colours in nicely together, as you can see on the Shrub pieces below.


I cut off the long straight pieces from the Summer Border,
and just used the word - love this font.

2 Crafty Products Used
Line Words - Summer Borders
adventure - loopy font
Shrub Set 2


"Crazy About You"

Again on this layout after firstly applying gesso I set about colouring
 all my chiuppie pieces using Gelatos.
 The chained circle frame was painted with Red Acrylic Paint.

I have used the Square Collage Panel as a whole piece, loved how it frames the photo.
Using the Geleatos to colour it.  I just added a few darker bits to coordinate with the title,
love how this turned out.


Close up of the lovely Chained Circle Frame - great for boy pages.

Here you can see the great effect you can get, I simply used my finger to rub in the colour
and when using more than one colour, this helps to blend them in well.

2Crafty Products Used
Crazy About You
Square Collage Panel
Chained circle frames



"Be Yourself"

For my very last page, we are going with a heart them, and here I have used both of
 the Hand-drawn Heart Frames from the pack, and with the Gelatos, I've used mutiple
colours to get this graduated effect.  Love the way they look.


Behind everything, you will see I used one of the Chain Length Borders, using it
horizontally in two places, cutting it into 2 pieces, so just a little pops out either side.

You can also see above, I have threaded one of the Heart Silhouette's onto the Frame,
 thought this looked cute.


Close up of the Gelatos on the smaller frame.


2Crafty has a title for every page, and today I've chosen - Be Yourself, which is a great
sentiment for all our kids to learn.  Again I've used the Gelatos Pens to colour the chippies.

It is that easy. It doesn't have to be complicated to look good.
 2 Crafty Products Used
Frame Handrawn Hearts
Heart Silhouettes
Chain Lengths
Be Yourself




 
 Remember to find a 2Crafty stockist near you simply send an email to ... 
salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au