Sunday, May 31, 2015

Some May Inspiration
Three Layouts & A VIDEO to Share
By Di Garling


"Family" - Mum & Me

Hi there paper peeps. Thanks for calling by. Today I have three layouts to share with you
For my first project today I thought I would do a vintage layout
using this photo of my Mother & myself.
Gee I must be getting old when my baby photo is considered "vintage" !!

I have based my layout on the current challenge over at
This moodboard was all about Mothers.



2Crafty Chipboard Used



For my title I have used this little mini word, "family".  2Crafty make lots of
different ones. They are perfect when you just need little words.
Here I have layered it on top of the "Sybills Frame".


After again, applying a coat of gesso to all my chippie pieces, I then coloured
the "Mini Family Word" with a couple of coats of Distress Stain, followed by
some "Crackle Accents".


All the "Leafy Rounds" & the "LeaftySchrub Set #2" where all painted with a coat of 
metallic acrylic paint, followed by a coat of Shimmerz Inklingz. I do love the effect it gives.

I had also blobbed on some texture paste on some of this foliage
 to create some nice texture before I commenced  painting.


I cut the "Leafy Rounds" into pieces and poked them in amongst my flowers.


I have to admit that the "Leafy Shrub Set" is one of my favourite chippie 
 pieces, just the perfect thing to add in amongst your flowers.




"Enjoy Today"

My second layout today I created this layout for the latest challenge over at
 "Off the Rails Scrapping".
Some of us DT girls from  2Crafty Chipboard are their guests this 
month as 2Crafty are their major sponsor for May.
Let the FUN begin.
 
 
Off the Rails May Moodboard

Now I have to say when I saw these colours I freaked out just a bit
because they are colours I wouldn't normally use, BUT, I have to say
that once I got started I absolutely looooved this colour pallette.
 
2Crafty Chipboard Used 



I started of by giving a coat of gesso too all my chipboard pieces.
This sort of acts like an "undercoat" & sealer.
Next up I gave both the
 "Enjoy Today-title", "Butterflies" & "Mini Fast Forward Arrows"
a coat of white acrylic paint.


Next up I sprinkled some Diamond Dust on the "Butterflies"
for a little sparkle & shine.



For the "Polaroid Frames" I simply painted them with acrylic paints &
when dry I wiped some Silver Inka-Gold paste.



The Inka-Gold paste works so well on chipboard & creates such a great effect.
I just apply it with my finger.





"Cherish"
 
 My third layout I created a few weeks ago, you may have seen it on my blog or FB.
I have made a start to finish VIDEO TUTORIAL showing how I made it.
I hope you take the time to perhaps view it & while you are there, make sure
you SUBSCRIBE to my channel, that way you won't miss
when I post the next one.
 
Click here to view VIDEO
 
 
2Crafty Products Used
 
All the chippie pieces where simply coated with gesso followed by a lick
of white acrylic paint. Too easy.




 
For the title I used some lilac acrylic paint.

 
Well thats all for today. I hope I have inspired you to get out your 2Crafty
chippies & start creating & remember to find out where you can purchase 2Crafty
send them an email for a stockist near you.
 
 
  Until next time.
 
Photobucket