Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Three New Layouts from Helen!

Hello everyone!  Happy New Year from me, Helen.
I have a few new layouts that I am excited to share with you today!
 
"My Sunshine"

This first one is a masculine layout & I have used quite a number of 2Crafty Chipboard pieces on it, including the title - My Sunshine - which you can find in the Words/Phrases section of the store.  

My Sunshine Title (unit of 3)

Chipboard pieces used :-

My Sunshine Title
Chicken Wire Panel
Squiggly Heart Cluster
French Lace Border


I also used the Squiggly Heart Cluster, which is DEFINITELY one of my favourite 2Crafty pieces!  
I cut it into 2 "squiggles" to make it even more versatile & I simply pushed the pieces
 into my big black archival ink pad to colour them black.  

I used part of the French Lace border too. 
 I flicked some watered down gesso onto my black chipboard for an artsy touch.

French Lace Border (unit of 3)

 These borders come in 12 inch strips & I only used 2 inches here so I have plenty left over for future.


To recolour my chicken wire panels I used metallic inks called Izinks, that are made by Aladine in France, but sold in the US.  I bought them online & they were a bit of an expense but their shine is amazing & the little dropper bottles go a long way, especially if you dip a fine paintbrush into them to apply.
Chicken Wire Panel  (units of 3)
The Chicken Wire Panel comes in a 6 inch square & can be cut into several pieces, as desired, 
So again it is very versatile & economical & I have at least half of it left for future projects.


My advice is to not to cut the chicken wire straight across but to cut it randomly for a more natural look.  
To adhere my chipboard I always use Tombo Mono Blue (the little white bottle with the green lid)
 as it dries clear & quickly & is really strong.  



"Sisters Are Attached at The Heart"

Next up I have totally the opposite! Instead of a masculine layout in neutral colours I have a feminine layout in girly colours!!  Well I am blessed with 4 children, 2 girls & 2 boys, so I have had to learn how to mix it up!


I wanted to use a nice big, ornate heart so I took the Sammi's Swirls & placed them face to face in order to make my own!  I used Ingvild Bolme inks to recolour the chibpoard pieces in shades of pinks & purples then I sponged over some areas with white acrylic paint to soften the effect.  

Sisters are Attached Title (unit of 3)

I repeated exactly the same process with the "Sisters are Attached" title, 
which can be found in the Words/Phrases section of the store. 


Chipboard pieces used :-

Sammi's Swirls x 2
Sisters are Attached Title


I just love the fine cuts & delicacy of the 2 Crafty Chipboard pieces.  


I always use a set-square & a ruler when I am attaching the lovely long titles
 from 2 Crafty, just to ensure that everything stays relatively straight!


I hope I have inspired you today to think about your chipboard pieces in different ways.  Swirls can make hearts~!  Clusters can be cut into separate pieces!!  With chipboard there are so many possibilities!!!



"Beautiful Life"

My last layout is one I did for Scrap Around The World this month.  I used the lovely Sharon's Butterflies, that come in a pack of 8, so I have 6 left as I just used 2.  I didn't recolour them at all, just used them raw, which I also think is a great look when appropriate. 

Sharon's Butterflies (unit of 3)

I also used the 5 inch sheet of Chicken Barbed Wire Small, & again I didn't recolour it at all, 
just left it raw.  I cut it into 2 pieces & still have plenty left over.  
Chicken Barbed Wire Small  (units of 3)
 Chipboard Pieces Used :-

Sharon's butterflies x 2
Chicken Barbed Wire {small}


Something I often do is use chipboard to anchor strings or threads beneath it,
 as I have done here, above.  


Often just a small touch is all that is needed to give your clusters some depth & texture.  


Layer your chipboard over some pieces, ie stickers {as they are nice & flat} but under other elements,  such as your photo, which you can pop up on some foam tape, for a little dimension & 'pop'.


Thanks for visiting today & remember,
 to find your nearest 2Crafty stockist, simply email salesat2Crafty@optusnet.com.au
See you all again next month!  Helen

Photobucket

12 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous pages Helen!! Each one so full of luscious colour and texture and, of course, the fabulous chippies! Love the tips and tricks you shared as well. Fabulous work!! ox

Melenia Agapides said...

I agree with Margaret, Helen, all of them are unique and gorgeous! You definitely know how to use the chipboard and make it stand out in your pages!! I also noticed your hand-writing, love it!!!!!

Fiona Paltridge said...

Love them all!!! Especially the way you created the heart from two swirls!!

Helen Tilbury said...

Thanks so much ladies ❤️

Di Garling said...

Beautiful post Helen & such creative use of all the chippie pieces, especially making the heart out of the swirls. Very clever.

Nicole Doiron said...

Very beautiful layouts, as always, Helen! I absolutely love the way you colored the My Sunshine title! Fave!

Belle à cropper said...

All 3 layouts are gorgeous !! So many pieces to look at, love the colours !

Tracee said...

Beautiful layouts, I love all the mixed media work Tx

Stacey Young said...

oh wow, stunning pages Helen!! Yes the heart is so amazing :)

Debbi Tehrani said...

Each page is so beautiful, Helen! You do wonderful work with the mixed media and I love what you've done with the 2Crafty chipboard.

Janice Nicholls said...

Beautiful work Helen...love your mixed media details, colours, and fabulous use of the chippie. x

JRABS -Jennifer Snyder said...

gorgeous pages from you always. Great use of the chippies - you dazzle me