Thursday, February 27, 2014

February Layouts from Helen

Hello everyone!
HELEN here again with a few layouts to share with you today.
Firstly, a canvas I created for the Lindy's Stamp Gang CHA Booth
in January 2014.  This was the first ever piece I've made using 2 Crafty chipboard.


I was immediately attracted to the large (11 inch) 
ornate circle frame {the Florabella Frame}.


I embossed the chipboard with Lindy's Stamp Gang
Geranium Coral Blush after first painting it with Glass
 Bead Gel from Golden.  Lastly I rubbed over with gesso.


I also used the Cherry Blossom, which I cut up & placed
 at both the top & bottom of the Florabella frame.


I embossed the Cherry Blossom branches with Hydrangea
 Blue Mauve embossing powder then rubbed over random
 areas with gesso, using my finger.


I misted some cheesecloth & added it underneath the chipboard
 for some extra texture.  The chipboard works as the perfect
 anchor to hold it in place.


I adhered the chipboard to my canvas using my hot glue gun
 as hot glue is the strongest adhesive known to man
 {well known to me anyway!!}


Next up is my dedicated 2Crafty work for the month. 
 For my first layout I was inspired by the Prima BAP 
{sketch} for February as I could see there was 
opportunity for A LOT of chipboard embellishment :) .


I don't generally enjoy following sketches as my layout design 
is often pretty predictable.  {I enjoy centering my photo/s
 & favour a diagonal design} but I did love this sketch
 as it is so interesting & so embellished!


It gave me the opportunity to use just about
 all my favourite things all on the same page!


I used the "Love You" title but I cut off the "you" & saved it for a future project.
I embossed the title with Venus Violet Blue from Lindy's Stamp Gang.



I also used the "Chicken Wire" sheet behind the photograph,
which I cut up into 3 different pieces, each tucked just a tiny
bit beneath the photo - to give the ILLUSION that it extends 
all the way underneath the photo.  GREAT WAY TO SAVE!


I used one branch from the "Leafy Shrub Set 2", which I 
coloured using Adirondack Brights Alcohol Ink in Pool & Raspberry.


I misted some cheesecloth pale lilac then dabbed it with matching alcohol ink 
& adhered it with some dabs of hot glue before attaching the chipboard on top.


  For fine chipboard pieces my go-to glue is Tombo Mono Adhesive
 as it has such a fine tip which works perfectly for precision application.


Lastly I used 3 out of 6 "Indian Feathers" which I treated 
with droplets of alcohol ink, which blended into each
 other beautifully {pink & blue = purple!}


For my 2nd layout I simply had fun playing with my mists & chipboard, together with
 quite an unusual design inspired by ex-2 Crafty teamie, Keren Tamir.

Of course, as I was only using one photo my layout ended up having
 little resemblance to Keren's but hers inspired the placement of
 my elements as well as my misting & stamping.

 
I embossed all my chipboard pieces on this layout in the same 
way - using Hollyhock Scarlett Plum & Venus Violet Blue,
 adhered using an embossing dabber, randomly to give a
 mottled effect, together with some small areas
 of raw chipboard.
 

I had fun mixing textural elements on this page.  
Chipboard is such a tactile element that it works perfectly with my layered style. 
 Layer 1)  Mists  Layer 2)  Stamps  Layer 3)  Mesh tape  Layer 4)  Metal mesh 
 Layer 5)  Photo  Layer 6)  Silver Thread  Layer 7)  Chipboard  Layer 8)  Flairs.


I used some wonderful new stamps and flairs that I recently 
purchased from 3rd Eye, a Polish Manufacturer.


From 2Crafty Chipboard I used Heidi's Vines, Shrub Set 1 
{bottom right} & a couple of Sakura flowers.


I added a flair to the centre of the top flower & a glass bead
 to the centre of the lower flower,using them as pinning 
points to run some fine silver wired thread in between.

 
As usual I had a thoroughly wonderful time playing with my
2 Crafty Chipboard products this month.  I do hope you 
have enjoyed looking at the results!


Until next month...Happy Crafting!! Helen 

Photobucket