Friday, October 4, 2013

A Shabby Chic Reveal by Nicole Doiron

I'm very happy about this October reveal as I get to share with you 3 layouts done
 in my very favorite scrapbooking style, "shabby chic".
 
You Make Me Happy

My definition of "shabby chic" is soft, vintage, distressed, feminine with lots of
 blooms, lace, trims, pearls and everything washed in white.


I used glimmer mist, white and copper paint to distress the
 2Crafty Scrabble tiles.
 

The Loopy Font Happy title was covered with black embossing paste
 and then dabbed with white while the pretty Sakura Flowers were painted
copper and also dabbed with white.
 

I love chipboard flourishes and 2Crafty offers so many beautiful designs,
 including this one, Angie's Vines
 


 I used both of the vines, the larger and the smaller piece, cutting the bases to
 tuck them here and there under the different flower clusters. 
 

One last look:
 
My 2nd layout is all about me!
 
The Eyes

I got the Eyes title especially to scrapbook this picture of mine which
 happens to be my favourite.
.

The Elise's Dress Form looks absolutely gorgeous adorned with a flowery shroud,
 using the Pointy Flower Vine.
 

I took one Avery Vine and cut it in pieces to add leafy flourishes throughout my layout.  It was covered with molding paste, then Glimmer Mist and white paint, the same as the title.
 

 Some more Avery Vine...
 

A must-have in any scrapbooker's chipboard stash is the Elegant Corners set.
 

And last but not least, Adornment Set 2.
 

Are you tired of looking into my soul yet?  hehe
 
 
 My last layout was inspired by the Prima BAP and PPP challenges for September.
 
Love You Like Music


Let's take a look at some details starting with the pretty script Love You title which
 I covered with molding paste, glimmer mist, and finished off with
 white and ivory acrylic paint.
 

I put black embossing paste on the Music Notes than dabbed them with ivory
paint, giving it a chalky look.
 

After the chipboard pieces, my favorite part of any layout i create is the flower cluster!

Below you can see one of the Flourish Adornment Set 5.
 
I cut off one side of the Frame Loopy Love Hearts and tucked it under a border of ripped paper on top, and added smaller pieces here and there.


A smaller flower cluster...

Sugar the cat sure looks comfortable on our keyboard, doesn't she?  :)
 

So now you know how much I love the Shabby Chic style and believe me when I say that you will see lots more of it in my future reveals.  Shabby Chic and 2Crafty Chipboard go together so perfectly.

If you want to see more of my creations, visit my blog @ http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com


 
Photobucket