Saturday, March 9, 2013

March Guest Designer - Melinda Thompson

 

Hello everyone! It's Melinda Thompson with you today sharing my
 2nd project as Guest Designer for 2Crafty Chipboard.
 
"Captured Moments"
 

This month I have used the fun Hexagon shape chipboard - geometric shapes in scrapbooking are all the rage at the moment so I love the effect of scattering them around my layout. In this instance I have covered them with coordinating paper and gave them a rub over with some Shimmerz and TA Glimmer Glam using my finger. 


Next I have used the gorgeous Captured Moments Title which I have layered on top of my flower cluster.  I firstly primed the chipboard with Gesso and then while it was still wet I sprinkled some blue embossing powder randomly over the chipboard and using my heat gun, I heated it until little bubbles formed.  After this had cooled and dried, I swiped some Pan Pastels in Aqua over the embossed areas to deepen the colour and effect of the embossing.


Love this cute little Birdcage that I received and couldn't help but give it a shabby look.  Primed it with Gesso first and then using the same techniques as I did with the hexagon, I rubbed over with my finger some Shimmerz and TA Glimmer Glam and added a little bling to the birdie.

 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  You can see more of my work at www.minseverydaymoments.blogspot.com
 
 
Photobucket

10 comments:

Vanessa said...

Love it Mel, gorgeous and soft, absolutely love everything about it. Great finish on the chipboard too.

Di Garling said...

I love what you have done to the chippies Mel, so very effective. A lovely layout, so soft but with fabulous impact. Cheers Di xo

Keren Tamir said...

So beautiful wow!! Love the LO !!!

lindy Gillespie said...

Love the effect on the chippies Melinda!!! gorgeous page too..

Adriana B said...

Congrats on the Guest spot, love what you done with the chippies :)

Margyz Paper Games said...

Love this layout. Such gorgeous soft colours and the effect on the chippies is fabulous. Awesome!! ox Marg

Linda Eggleton said...

Gorgeous layout, Min! Love the soft colours you've used & the effect on the chipboard pieces. Fantastic work :)

Fiona said...

Beautiful Melinda, love the hexagons.
Fiona
x

Leonie said...

Oh so lovely Min, I adore way you mix colours.

Kim Price said...

Mel this is just gorgeous. Love love love it