Sunday, March 10, 2013

March Showcase by Leonie Neal-Dawson.



Hello and welcome to my March showcase of 2Crafty Chipboard.  
A little early for halloween I know but I've scrapped a picture of my son 
from last Halloween.


I used two of the scull and cross bones and painting the bottom layer black and then on
the top layer I used white mist.


I also included some cogs and and an arrow both of which
I sprayed white and then swiped black ink around the edges.


.............................

On to my second layout which is a lovely portrait
of my Grandmother taken when she was a young woman.


I used this title on my layout and several of these cute little butterflies.
With all the chippies on this layout I used texture paste, dabbed on with my finger;
Some ink on the edges and then I added some streaks of pumpkin coloured liquid pearls.


The large leafy vine is very elegant and I thought it
suited the vintage photo perfectly. I cut part of it off as it obscured the photo. I then used
this smaller piece to the left of the flowers.
And another close up of the one of the butterflies I used, and the small 
sticker I placed over its body.


...................

My final layout is for the current challenge at Show Us Your Stuff.


I used these mini corners


and one of the Sweet Pea Stalks.
With these pieces I painted them with gesso and then dabbed on some distress inks
and water to get a mottled effect similar to the background on my page.


Thanks for taking a look at my march post, I hope you've enjoyed my creations.
You can see more of my layouts on my personal blog here.
Cheers, Leonie Neal-Dawson.

Photobucket

10 comments:

Keren Tamir said...

Fantastic LOs Leonie!! I love the misting and distressing in these LOs.

Linda Eggleton said...

Wow, these are all amazing, Leonie! I love them all, but the one using the pic of your grandmother is my fav...absolutely beautiful!

Vanessa said...

Gorgeous projects this month Leonie, love the first one especially, bright and cheerful and outstanding background work as always.

Margyz Paper Games said...

Gorgeous layouts Leonie. Love the texture on your chippies. ox Marg

Di Garling said...

Fabulous post Leonie, such great use of all that chippie & as always I LOOOOOVE your amazing backgrounds. Cheers Di xo

Paula said...

Amazing layouts Leonie! Love your colour combos, your backgrounds & your use of the chipboard...lovely textures.

lindy Gillespie said...

Fantastic pages Leonie!! love the treatment on the chippies...

Chantal Vandenberg said...

So cool! These are really fun!!! :D

Nicole Doiron said...

I love what you did with the 'Time is a Great Storyteller' title!!!

Kim Price said...

You have such a wonderful creative style Leonie and I always enjoy seeing your creations. Gorgeous textures and use of the 2crafty chipboard